Close Menu
Defence Line
    What's Hot

    India Will Not Become Another China – The Diplomat

    May 22, 2026

    Adani Ports Secures 51% Stake In Argentina’s Meridian To Expand South American Maritime Operations

    May 22, 2026

    Navy SEALs In Mini-Submarines Teamed With Underwater Drones

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Defence LineDefence Line
    • Home
    • Asia Pacific
    • US-Russia
    • NATO Europe
    Subscribe
    Defence Line
    Home»Geopolitics»Iranian drones damage US Navy base in Bahrain; Americans evacuate
    Geopolitics

    Iranian drones damage US Navy base in Bahrain; Americans evacuate

    Defenceline WebdeskBy Defenceline WebdeskMarch 1, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Hours after Iranian drones damaged U.S. Navy facilities in Manama, Bahrain, U.S. Navy Central Command told all servicemembers and contractors who live and work in and around the base that the area is no longer safe and they will receive money to stay in a hotel elsewhere. 

    An email obtained by Defense One titled “evacuation of Juffair”—the neighborhood in southern Manama that is home to Naval Support Activity Bahrain—says NAVCENT “has concluded that the Juffair boundaries are no longer assessed as safe for US personnel.” 

    The closure came Saturday night local time, after Iranian drones hit the base and multiple high-rise residential buildings in Bahrain in response to U.S. strikes on Iran. Videos posted on social media purport to show a drone nearing the Navy’s 5th Fleet headquarters building, striking a radar inside a large white bubble, and plumes of dark gray smoke billowing from the explosion. Other videos show apparent drone damage to residential high-rise buildings in several areas of Manama, as well as debris from intercepted drones and missiles.

    In a statement, the Bahrain Defense Force said it had shot down 45 incoming missiles and nine drones. 

    Air-raid sirens, followed by all-clear signals, sounded throughout the day, as the U.S. embassy there issued a shelter-in-place order and warned that “even if the incoming missile or drone is intercepted, falling debris represents a significant risk.”  

    No U.S. casualties have been reported; Fox News reported Thursday that the 5th Fleet headquarters had been operating under reduced staffing. Several hundred families of military and civilian employees live in Bahrain, which has no base family housing and limited barracks facilities. An evacuation of dependents was authorized after the first U.S. strikes on Tehran, Stars & Stripes reported, but the evacuation was not mandatory. Though one flight did depart, further flights are on hold. 

    Bahrain International Airport was hit by a drone early Sunday local time. 





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Defenceline Webdesk

    Related Posts

    Gabbard to resign as director of national intelligence, citing husband’s health

    May 22, 2026

    The Pentagon’s $54 billion bet on autonomous warfare

    May 22, 2026

    Nibe Vayu Astra-1 Loitering Munition Completes 100 km Precision Strike and High-Altitude Trials

    May 22, 2026

    BDL Scales Astra Mk1 BVRAAM Production With Parallel Rocket Motor Tenders for Su-30MKI and Tejas

    May 22, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Economy News

    India Will Not Become Another China – The Diplomat

    Indo-Pacific May 22, 2026

    The ghost of China haunts every conversation about India. When U.S. Deputy Secretary Christopher Landau…

    Adani Ports Secures 51% Stake In Argentina’s Meridian To Expand South American Maritime Operations

    May 22, 2026

    Navy SEALs In Mini-Submarines Teamed With Underwater Drones

    May 22, 2026
    Top Trending

    India Will Not Become Another China – The Diplomat

    Indo-Pacific May 22, 2026

    The ghost of China haunts every conversation about India. When U.S. Deputy…

    Adani Ports Secures 51% Stake In Argentina’s Meridian To Expand South American Maritime Operations

    India Defence May 22, 2026

    Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited (APSEZ) has formally entered the…

    Navy SEALs In Mini-Submarines Teamed With Underwater Drones

    Strategic Affairs May 22, 2026

    The WarZone Pairing uncrewed underwater vehicles and SEALs in submersibles opens the…

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Defenceline. Designed by Digitwebs.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.