Close Menu
Defence Line
    What's Hot

    No Space for Limited War – The Diplomat

    May 22, 2026

    Pakistani Officer Claims Strikes On Non-Existent Indian Airbases

    May 22, 2026

    Modular Construction Key to Battleship Effort

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Defence LineDefence Line
    • Home
    • Asia Pacific
    • US-Russia
    • NATO Europe
    Subscribe
    Defence Line
    Home»Geopolitics»First 24 hours of Trump’s war on Iran, by the numbers
    Geopolitics

    First 24 hours of Trump’s war on Iran, by the numbers

    Defenceline WebdeskBy Defenceline WebdeskMarch 2, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    B-2 bombers, stealth fighter jets, recon aircraft, and other weapons were used to strike more than 1,000 targets in the first day of the U.S. war on Iran, according to fact sheets and other statements by U.S. military units.

    On Sunday, U.S. Central Command released a list of U.S. weapons and platforms used in the first 24 hours of Operation Epic Fury, which began at 1:15 a.m. Eastern time on Feb. 28. Initial targets included aerospace forces and joint headquarters facilities of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard, Iranian navy ships and submarines, anti-ship and ballistic missile sites, command and control centers, military communications capabilities, and air defense systems, according  to a fact sheet distributed by CENTCOM. 

    An Iranian Jamaran-class corvette was hit by U.S. forces and “is currently sinking to the bottom of the Gulf of Oman at a Chah Bahar pier,” CENTCOM posted at 9 a.m. on Sunday.

    U.S. combat jets used in the war’s first day included F-16, F/A-18, F-16, F-22, and F-35 fighter jets; and the A-10 Warthog, a close-air-support jet that was used frequently in the Global War on Terror conflicts that followed the 9/11 attacks. 

    Some of the planes took off from the USS Abraham Lincoln. CENTCOM denied Iranian claims on Sunday that the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier was hit by ballistic missiles. 

    Electronic warfare, warning, and reconnaissance aircraft included the EA-18G, P-8 maritime patrol aircraft, unspecified RC-135s, and MQ-9 Reapers. Mobility aircraft included tankers and C-17 and C-130 airlifters.  

    Munitions and defenses used against Iranian attacks included Patriot Interceptors, THAAD anti-ballistic missile systems, and M-142 high mobility artillery rockets. 

    The operation marked the combat debut of the Pentagon’s new LUCAS one-way attack drones. 

    CENTCOM said it also used “special capabilities,” which they declined to include on the list. 

    U.S. Space Command did not respond when asked which Space Force assets were used in the operation. 

    Iranian counterattacks were swift. At a U.N. Security Council meeting on Saturday, the Iranian ambassador said the response was targeted solely at U.S. military assets. 

    On Sunday, CENTCOM denied that. In a post on X, command officials said Iran had attacked international airports in Dubai, UAE; Kuwait; Abu Dhabi; and Iraq. The post also said thatIran had attacked hotels in Dubai and Bahrain and residential areas in Israel and Qatar.

    U.S. casualties

    As of Sunday morning, three U.S. service members had been killed and five seriously wounded during the operation, CENTCOM said.  Addition. Those troops had not been publicly identified as of Sunday afternoon. Several others were hit by shrapnel and were concussed.

    Teetotaling order

    The guardians of the Space Force’s 5th Missile Warning Squadron at Buckley Space Force Base in Aurora, Colorado, were ordered to not consume alcohol in order to “maintain operational readiness” starting Saturday morning, a memo reviewed by Defense One read. 

    The 5th Missile Warning Squadron is part of Delta 4, which uses Overhead Persistent Infrared satellites and ground-based radars to track missile threats across the globe, according to a service fact sheet.

    A Space Force spokesperson confirmed the memo was authentic and said it was issued “in response to Operation Epic Fury and associated conflict in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility.”

    CENTCOM fact sheet:





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Defenceline Webdesk

    Related Posts

    The Pentagon’s $54 billion bet on autonomous warfare

    May 22, 2026

    Nibe Vayu Astra-1 Loitering Munition Completes 100 km Precision Strike and High-Altitude Trials

    May 22, 2026

    BDL Scales Astra Mk1 BVRAAM Production With Parallel Rocket Motor Tenders for Su-30MKI and Tejas

    May 22, 2026

    HAL and DRDO Begin Virupaksha GaN AESA Radar Integration on Su-30MKI Under Super Sukhoi Upgrade

    May 22, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Economy News

    No Space for Limited War – The Diplomat

    Indo-Pacific May 22, 2026

    One year has passed since the four-day May 2025 crisis between India and Pakistan that…

    Pakistani Officer Claims Strikes On Non-Existent Indian Airbases

    May 22, 2026

    Modular Construction Key to Battleship Effort

    May 22, 2026
    Top Trending

    No Space for Limited War – The Diplomat

    Indo-Pacific May 22, 2026

    One year has passed since the four-day May 2025 crisis between India…

    Pakistani Officer Claims Strikes On Non-Existent Indian Airbases

    India Defence May 22, 2026

    In the wake of the Pahalgam terror attack in April 2025, tensions…

    Modular Construction Key to Battleship Effort

    Strategic Affairs May 22, 2026

    Sam LaGrone, USNI News Spreading the construction of the Trump-class battleship across…

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Defenceline. Designed by Digitwebs.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.