Close Menu
Defence Line
    What's Hot

    Divide and Conquer? Ladakh’s Latest Reorganization  – The Diplomat

    May 22, 2026

    ideaForge’s Q6 V2 GEO Receives DGCA Type Certification for Enterprise Mapping and Geospatial Operations

    May 22, 2026

    Cyprus President Nikos Christodoulides Accorded Ceremonial Welcome In New Delhi During State Visit

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Defence LineDefence Line
    • Home
    • Asia Pacific
    • US-Russia
    • NATO Europe
    Subscribe
    Defence Line
    Home»Defence & Security»RIAT CANCELLED: Middle East ‘situation’ forces collapse of major UK air show
    Defence & Security

    RIAT CANCELLED: Middle East ‘situation’ forces collapse of major UK air show

    Defenceline WebdeskBy Defenceline WebdeskMay 22, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    BELFAST — Organizers of the UK’s Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) said today that the event has been cancelled because of “uncertainty over access” to the Royal Air Force (RAF) base in Fairford, England, “given the ongoing situation in the Middle East.”

    “It is with great disappointment that we are letting you know this year’s Royal International Air Tattoo will not be taking place,” the organizers said in a statement. “This has not been an easy decision,” but it was made after “extensive discussions” with the RAF and the US Air Force.

    The cancellation notice added that anyone who has bought a ticket for the show, which was slated for July 17-19, will be eligible for a full refund or can request to have their ticket rolled over for the 2027 edition.

    The organizers said in February that more than 70,000 tickets had been sold for this year’s show, which has long been a key fixture for European and international military aviation stakeholders.

    According to the RIAT website, a list of air forces had confirmed their participation for the show, including Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the US.

    The annulation of the event follows British Prime Minister Keir Starmer’s March agreement to a request that authorizes the US Air Force to use RAF Fairford for “specific defensive operations” in Iran.

    As many as 15 US bombers, comprising B-1B and B-52 aircraft, were reportedly stationed at the base, days after the UK cleared them for the campaign against Tehran.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Defenceline Webdesk

    Related Posts

    Sovereignty can’t be vibecoded: Why Europe must physically build to ensure resilience

    May 22, 2026

    Enemy submarines are harder to detect, but next-gen sonobuoys search them out

    May 22, 2026

    Boots on the moon needed to beat ‘belligerent’ China: Mitchell Institute

    May 21, 2026

    To train for contested environments, SOCOM and SOUTHCOM want more ranges, authority

    May 21, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Economy News

    Divide and Conquer? Ladakh’s Latest Reorganization  – The Diplomat

    Indo-Pacific May 22, 2026

    India’s latest internal rearrangement of its northern border territory of Ladakh – the creation of…

    ideaForge’s Q6 V2 GEO Receives DGCA Type Certification for Enterprise Mapping and Geospatial Operations

    May 22, 2026

    Cyprus President Nikos Christodoulides Accorded Ceremonial Welcome In New Delhi During State Visit

    May 22, 2026
    Top Trending

    Divide and Conquer? Ladakh’s Latest Reorganization  – The Diplomat

    Indo-Pacific May 22, 2026

    India’s latest internal rearrangement of its northern border territory of Ladakh –…

    ideaForge’s Q6 V2 GEO Receives DGCA Type Certification for Enterprise Mapping and Geospatial Operations

    India Defence May 22, 2026

    Mumbai, May 22, 2026. ideaForge Technology Limited, India’s leading UAV technology company,…

    Cyprus President Nikos Christodoulides Accorded Ceremonial Welcome In New Delhi During State Visit

    India Defence May 22, 2026

    Cyprus President Nikos Christodoulides was accorded a ceremonial welcome and Guard of…

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Defenceline. Designed by Digitwebs.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.